Returning to work - Health & Safety Surrounding Coronavirus
When will you be returning to work?
• We will be returning to work on Monday May 18th for manufacturing and will be returning for installations for residential customers on May 25th. We have put into place new systems, ways of working and guidelines which both us and our customers will need to follow.
• Initially we will have reduced slots as we learn to work under new guidelines, whilst we appreciate this may make it trickier to find a slot, this is for everyone’s safety and we hope with many now able to work from home that this will allow for a degree of flexibility.
• Our appointments will be with 1 member of staff and we ask that where possible, only 1 member of the household is present for your home appointment to reduce risk.
How can I book an appointment?
• The Government guidelines published May 11th state that a business should find digital or remote alternatives to in-home work where possible, that’s why we are introducing virtual consultations as a part of new systems. This will offer a chance for us to meet face to face online, discuss your requirements and show us your windows from the safety of your own home initially.
• We also ask that where possible, customers can provide us with estimated sizes of their windows either during a virtual consultation or when enquiring. This will allow us to give you an online quotation and give you an idea of the costs involved prior to a home visit.
• During this stage of the lockdown, we encourage customers to be in a position to proceed with an order and only have us visit their home when necessary to reduce exposure and risk.
• We will also be providing a home appointment service. We will be moving to an AM (9am - 1pm) and a PM (1pm - 5pm) slot for bookings. This will allow plenty of time between appointments to ensure safety is met and that tools and equipment are cleaned.
Who cannot book an appointment?
We will not provide a home appointment for anyone that is any of the following:
• Classed as being ‘at risk or vulnerable’
• Anyone self isolating
• Anyone who has shown symptoms of Coronavirus within the last 14 days
• Anyone that has travelled outside of the UK and returned within the last 14 days
How will we keep safe during a home measuring appointment?
• We will ask customers to maintain a 2m social distance.
• We will wear protective disposable gloves and will use hand sanitizer before, during and after your appointment. We will also be using Shoe covers and Mats for our equipment during an installation.
• We will have protective masks to use in instances where the 2m social distance isn’t possible to maintain.
• We ask that customers can remove any items from window sills and that windows are easy to access with any furniture moved etc. We will also use Antibacterial wipes to wipe down any surfaces after the installation.
• If a room can be ventilated prior to our arrival this will also help.
Can I look at and touch samples?
• By introducing our virtual consultations we are hoping to have a clearer understanding of your preferred products and requirements before visiting your home. This will allow us to reduce the amount of samples bought into the home and reduce the risk associated with moving them between households.
• Where possible, we will show you the samples from a safe distance as this will reduce the amount of touching of the samples.
• If required, you can of course look at the samples closer, we ask that your hands are sanitized or cleaned before doing so and that you only touch what is 100% necessary.
• All samples will be cleaned between appointments also.
How long will my order take to be manufactured?
• We manufacture our own blinds in Leamington Spa and the team will be into work to commence manufacturing on any orders that are currently in place. We have many policies in place to make sure our manufacturing team are following current guidelines.
• We estimate that a current turnaround of 1 week is likely for any products that we have in stock and longer for products we must order, this will be advised during the order as the supply chain lead time is constantly changing.
• As our products are made to measure, we unfortunately cannot provide deposit refunds for cancelled orders due to these extensions.
Returning to install your blinds
• We will continue to provide our installation services, following government guidelines and safety procedures.
• We will request that customers stay in separate rooms to where an installation is taking place, maintaining the 2m distance.
• We will wear protective, disposable gloves and regularly sanitize our hands before, during and after your installation, as well as shoe covers and mats for our equipment.
• We ask that customers remove all items from their window sills and that windows are easy to access without moving furniture.
• We will open windows in rooms where possible to ventilate the space.
• Our tools and equipment will be cleaned between appointments.